Assistant Distribution / Transportation Manager JOB SUMMARY: In the absence of the Branch Manager, the Assistant Branch Manager will be responsible for all distribution, safety, training, personnel, maintenance, dispatching and other activities as required. The Assistant Branch Manager will also supervise the facility personnel to include operators, drivers and administration. The ideal candidate will be able to function effectively with minimum supervision, and have the desire to lead and motivate the employees and ensure top notch customer satisfaction. Shift Time: 7:00AM - 4:00PM ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Supervise all inside drivers and warehouse personnel. Ensure all customers receive quality customer service from company associates. Checks accounts receivable as to status of existing accounts; communicates with credit department and contacts customers regarding overdue payments. Keeps Branch Manager informed of day-to-day activity and any issues that may need to be resolved. Responsible for all operations associated with the branch including, routing and maintenance of delivery trucks, warehouse, inside sales, and compliance issues (paperwork).
QUALIFICATIONS:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- 3-5 years experience in the Warehouse/Distribution environment.
- Computer experience or basic knowledge in order entry system.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have “hands-on” leadership skills and be willing to lead and set the example.
- Team player with positive attitude.
- Must be detail oriented, energized and a proven self-starter.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Willing to improve skills and techniques by attending classes on employee’s own time.
- Ability to read, speaks, write, spell and understand the English language.
- Ability to routinely lift 25 – 60 lbs. and frequent bending.
- Ability to perform work during prolonged standing up to 8 hours and repetitive motion also required.
- Ability to perform functions during occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling, and finger activities.
- Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets.
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to talk, hear, walk sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus objects.
WORK ENVIRONMENT:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Looking for a great company to work for? You’ll find it With Us!Airgas offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package such as medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance, 401(k), stock purchase plan, and more.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability
Primary Location:United States-Virginia-Hopewell-23860
Job Posting:Aug 3, 2017, 8:41:41 AM