Job Description We are seeking an experienced Process Control Engineer who would love to work improving and supporting the Chemical, Mechanical, and Electrical systems in a Chemical Process area utilizing hybrid Honeywell TPS/Experion® DCS systems. We are equally interested in Chemical, Mechanical, or Electrical Process Control Engineers with Honeywell TDC experience if they are interested in Chemical process areas. This position supports the Chemical front end of the NOMEX® Product lines. This is part of the Manufacturing Technology organization for NOMEX® in Richmond, Virginia.NOMEX® and Spruance are part of the growth-oriented DuPont® Protection Solutions Business Unit. This position operates as part of a team providing Technical support, Safety analysis, and project work to upgrade and optimize the facilities. Our team approach gives you partners to work with and backup teammates to cover during vacation and work travel, leading to both strong business results and a gratifying work environment. Responsibilities of this position include:
- Process Control Technology lead for part of the Chemical Zone
- Backup support for another part led by your Chemical Zone Process Control partner. Project activities will often involve both of you working as partners.
- Flexibility to assist in other areas as workload permits.
- Process Safety Management (PSM) responsibilities and analyses in High Hazard Process (HHP) areas.
- Control systems and cybersecurity upgrades including migration of Human Machine Interfaces to Experion® HTML graphics and higher level applications that Honeywell is migrating from TDC to Experion®.
- Completing large and small capital replacements and improvements as a Tech lead or team member, depending on the project.
- Supporting everyday operation 24x7 including specifying and updating standard operating conditions and procedures, troubleshooting and skilled problem-solving, training, and mentoring.
- Continually improving the effectiveness of existing base and advanced control systems, operator interfaces, and troubleshooting systems and documentation.
- Working collaboratively with other engineers, operations, maintenance, vendors, and internal consultants.
- Developing and making clear proposals for peers and management for large and small improvements of the Process, Equipment, and overall Safety and business results.
This position will require occasional travel for training, factory acceptance tests, assessing equipment at other sites or vendors, or joint work with another plant site, but travel will be low.
Minimum Qualifications - At least 3 years of experience working as a full-time process control engineer - Bachelors’ degree or higher in Chemical, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering from an accredited university. Bachelors’ degree in IT, Computer Science or Computer Engineering would be considered if significant plant experience as a Process Control engineer. - Competent in Honeywell TDC configuration, CL code, and graphics. - Demonstrated teamwork skills and ability to work smoothly with engineers, IT, mechanics, operators, and managers in all functional organizations. - Strong organization skills and commitment to detailed follow-up and meeting agreed timelines. - Strong communication skills (written, oral, and formal presentations) - Strong long-term desire to work as a process control engineer in a chemical area with Honeywell TDC / Experion® hybrid systems. - Strong interest in supporting a 24x7 manufacturing environment (with vacation & travel backup partners). - Legal right to work in the U.S. via citizenship or Green Card. Additional Consideration Given for Depth of Skills in any of the following areas: - Depth of knowledge of Honeywell TDC and/or Experion® systems - Honeywell Fail Safe Controller skills - HTML Graphics - Coaxial and FTE networks and networking protocols - Virtualization - PSM High Hazard Process or OSHA 1910.119 knowledge and skills - ISA-84 knowledgeable - Chemical Processes and Engineering Experience - Electrical Systems and Engineering Experience - PLC and/or drives experience, particularly Rockwell