Job Description: Job Description
As a nationally recognized provider of health plan coverage and innovative wellness programs, we live our mission to “improve health every day.” This same commitment and dedication directs our philosophy as an employer.
We are seeking an experienced and talented leader for our Director of Operations position at our Virginia Beach, Virginia Operations. The ideal candidate will possess extensive experience as a successful leader in the health insurance industry as well as a solutions savvy and team inspiring approach in directing all aspects of operations pertaining to claims, systems, project management, process improvement and more.
1) 8-10 years of health insurance industry and management.
2) Skilled in large-scale complex, health insurance case implementation and operations.
3) Solid background in claims, customer service and a high degree of technical operations experience.
4) Experience with managing a large team, including entry-level and technical professionals.
5) Experience developing mid-level managers.
7) Experience with innovative process improvement techniques and proven project management skills (i.e. PMP certification).
8) Willingness to travel and is at ease in front of large groups of customers.
Come and join a company that values the community we service and our employees who live that mission daily.
Responsible for planning, organizing and directing the operations of technology-based business functions of the health plan. Identifies, evaluates and quantifies the technology, information systems and business needs of the plan for the purpose of improving and/or integrating systems; providing new systems/technology and/or business solutions; and monitors system enhancements and adoption to ensure continuous quality improvement and compliance. Leads mission critical, cross-functional initiatives from detailed business requirements development and budget approval through to successful completion. Applies lean practices across value stream to continually improve processes and outcomes
Bachelor’s Level Degree
Required: Health Insurance Industry – 5 years, Management – 5 years
Preferred: None, unless noted in the “Other” section below
None, unless noted in the “Other” section below
Preferred: None, unless noted in the “Other” section below Brand:
Educational verification may be required for this position.
In support of our mission “to improve health every day”, this is a tobacco-free environment.