Vitex Packaging Groupin Suffolk, Virginia,is looking to hire a Press Operator.
EEO - M/F/D/V
Job Description: Responsible for the efficient operation of printing press which consists of running tags, envelopes, etc. in accordance with specification.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining quality of materials produced.
- Set up and change over of press from one job to another.
- Loading mill roll onto press and unloading finished rolls from press.
- Getting ink, cores, and other supplies required.
- Responsible for the waste of materials used in production.
- Responsible for notifying supervisor when press equipment needs repair work.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Working knowlege of flexographic printing, die cutting board stock, tea bond, and slitting is necessary.
- Simple mathematical ability for reports required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum two years flexographic printing and die cutting experience.
- Allied Gear Flexo-Master 16", narrow web printing capabilities up to 16" wide webs,8 color flexo printing.
- Aqua Flex 2558 LX, CMR 650,mid web printing capabilities up to 25".
- Millennium series custom - printing capabilities on webs 25-41" wide, 3 color flexo, inline die cutting and slitting.
- UTECO OPAL 1000, printing capabilties on webs up to 39" wide, 8 color flexo CI Press, center wider or surface winder with die cutting and slitting.
- 3 color flexo, inline die cutting and slitting.
- Millennium series custom, up to 34" wide web slitter.