Capital Design & Construction
Full-Time, Restricted-Classified, Non-exempt Position# R0046
Longwood University is an institution of higher learning dedicated to the development of citizen leaders who are prepared to make positive contributions to the common good of society. In support of this mission, we invite qualified applicants to apply for the position of Construction Inspector / Compliance/Safety Officer III in Capital Design & Construction. The purpose of this position is to provide inspection of University construction, to ensure compliance with contract documents of that construction, and to ensure current building code compliance of all construction. This position will also act as an inspector for the University Erosion and Sediment (E&S) Control Program.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Extensive knowledge of and experience in the construction trades and techniques of construction of commercial buildings
• Knowledge of current building codes in all disciplines
• Basic knowledge of accounting principles
• Ability to communicate with job site personnel both orally and written
• Knowledge of the Commonwealth’s E&S Control laws and requirements
• Knowledge of building materials, components, and systems to include infrastructure
• Must be able to read and interpret architectural and engineering plans and specifications
• Certified in Code Compliance, or must be obtained within 12 months of employment
• Requires certification from the Commonwealth of Virginia to be a combined E&S Control Inspector or the ability to obtain the certification within 12 months of employment
Pay Band 4. Hiring Range $45,000 - $55,000. This position is a recovery-funded position and funding is subject to availability of cost recoveries from Capital Outlay Projects. Commonwealth of Virginia benefits accompany this position. A successful fingerprint-based criminal background investigation is required. Position will be posted a minimum of five days. Review of applications will begin immediately. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply. Submit a completed Commonwealth of Virginia application online at https://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com. Applicants must include all qualifications and work history on the State application. Consideration for an interview is based solely on the information within the application. Resumes will not substitute for a complete application.
201 High Street
Farmville, VA 23909
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Longwood University will provide, if requested, reasonable accommodations to applicants in need of accommodations in order to provide access to the application and/or interview process. You are not required to note the presence of a disability on your application. If, however, you require accommodations in the application and/or interview process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 434-395-2074 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Annual Fire and Security Report(s) include campus security information, campus fire statistics, safety procedures, and provides statistics for criminal and disciplinary offenses. The report(s) are provided annually in compliance with the Clery Act and the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA). Longwood University’s Annual Safety and Security report and the Annual Fire Safety report is available at: http://solomon.longwood.edu/media/police/solomon/ASA-2015-2016.pdf. A hard copy of the Annual Security and Fire Safety reports and/or a copy of the Fire Log are maintained at the Longwood Police Office and will be provided upon request.
A diversified workforce is an important part of our strategic plan. EOE/AA (08/28/2017)