As an Indirect Lender/Processor, you will work with auto dealerships to underwrite fund auto loans for new and existing customers within the requirements of the loan policies established by the bank. In addition to funding, you will support our team of auditors and update dealerships on statues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare, examine, and fund loan documents within the Consumer Lending Department, including communicating with auto dealers, third party vendors, and others to obtain the information necessary to complete and fund auto loan approvals, and other types of loans as appropriate.
- Responsible for indirect lending auto loan packages and funding. Follow up with dealers on pending stipulations prior to funding. Perform quality control on all documentation included in packages.
- Verify and certify insured auto loan products.
- Contacts dealers regarding missing or invalid documents and follows up to ensure all loan documents are received, complete and error free.
- Oversee the development of interest rate structure for indirect lending programs.
- Ensures the program is competitive and meets budget targets.
- Establish dealer rules of engagement to ensure dealer transactions are of sound quality.
- Provide the necessary information to the underwriting staff, and returning loan decision information to the appropriate parties.
- Follow up on unfunded loans. Contact dealer sales staff and others to resolve issues
- Perform employment/income verifications and insure accuracy of loan contracts and make decision within limits
- Assist dealer processors in completing loans with correct and accurate information.
- Communicate and build relationships with dealer processors.
- Review incoming contracts to verify required information is compliant with checklist.
- File and organize all incoming and outgoing documents.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of documentation required to meet underwriting and compliance requirements
- Adhere to all bank compliance policies
- Regular attendance and punctuality are essential functions of this position
- High School diploma or equivalent work experience. Some college preferred.
- 3-5 years working knowledge of indirect lending practices and industry standard processes.