It's an exciting time to join the City of Virginia Beach Department of Housing and Neighborhood Preservation. The Homeless Services Division is seeking an innovative, experienced leader to assume the role of Homeless Services Administrator. This position involves directing the coordination of the City’s housing crisis response system and the day-to-day operations of the City’s new $30 million Housing Resource Center, as well as program accountability to ensure the goals of the housing crisis response system and Strategic Plan to End Homelessness are met or exceeded. The Housing Resource Center consists of efficiency apartments, family and single shelters, supportive services, a health clinic and other community resources that will operate from one facility 24/7, 365 days per year. The administrator will:
- Provide leadership and oversight for all division and division-coordinated activities including those involving the Housing Resource Center with direct responsibility for operation, maintenance, security, food service and community relations
- Provide direction and leadership for the BEACH Community Partnership and lead support for the BEACH Governing Board.
- Responsible for the implementation of a division-wide and a regional system-wide information / file management system to insure accurate records and maintain required information according to city policy
- Execute the Strategic Plan to End Homelessness
- Oversee the coordination of the Continuum of Care with multiple agencies/organizations to ensure the continuation and enhancement of a comprehensive and responsive community-wide system of services providers
- Assist in representing the City on all regional and state efforts for ending homelessness
- Coordinate the design and implementation of effective programs and services to end homelessness and track outcomes to measure effectiveness
- Lead and coordinate reporting, performance assessments and internal and external communications that support the overall mission
- Develop and seek appropriate resources to support the mission
- Ensure overall system compliance with all applicable requirements
- Responsible for a budget of over $2 million and financial management for all funds coming to the division and/or managed by the division, including donated funds and multiple grant sources
Visit www.vbgov.com/housing-resource-center for more information on the City’s new Housing Resource Center, to be located at 104 N. Witchduck Road, Virginia Beach, VA 23462; to be opened Spring 2018.
Preferences: Ten years of progressively responsible leadership/supervisory experience in the field of homelessness, a homeless shelter or similar setting with homeless or hard-to-serve population; experience with a Continuum of Care; Bachelor’s degree in human services, social services, public administration, business administration.
MINIMUMS: Requires any combination of education (above the high school level) and/or experience equivalent to ten (10) years in fields utilizing the knowledge, skills and abilities listed below and associated with such fields as housing development, housing finance, and homeless services. SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: All employees may be expected to work hours in excess of their normally scheduled hours in response to short-term department needs and/or city-wide emergencies.
For more information and to apply, visit http://www.vbgovcareers.com/ and search for Requisition ID 23295. All candidates must submit an application through the online system. Resumes emailed in lieu of an application submitted online will not be considered. Posting closes 9/20/17.