Description Accountemps is looking to hire an Accounting Clerk for an esteemed company in the Oil and Gas services industry. The primary responsibilities of the Accounting Clerk will include but not be limited to assisting in the process of Accounts Payable (A/P) and Accounts Receivable (A/R), matching invoices to purchase orders and/or vouchers, and general forms of data entry. Come play a vital role in an environment that offers you a great work space/office, excellent benefits, and great career advancement opportunity. This is a short term temporary position located in the Virginia Beach, Virginia area.
Your responsibilities in this role
- Assist Accounts Payable: vendor invoices and disbursement filing, A/P invoice matching filing
- Patch up discrepancies by checking all possible sources of disagreement, reconstructing probable actions, and recognizing the effect on other accounts; prepare correction documents as required
- Collaborate with Accounts Receivable: apply cash receipt, process daily invoices/credit, help with collection of past due balance
- Companywide accounting and administration assistance: help with G/L account reconciliation and month-end closing, other ad hoc projects
- Assist in control of budgets by monitoring budgets and originating or verifying adjustments and transfers
- Categorize documents that require knowledge in determining proper classification of accounting codes and expenditure codes
- Put together statements and reports that require utilization of a variety of sources
- Broadcast financial information to journals, registers, and ledgers, manually or by electronic equipment
- Fix transaction documents, which may require a new revision of other documents or entries as well as the original; may initiate other actions
Interested Accounting Clerks should contact Amanda Kregiel, Financial Recruiter, at 757-624-1100 or via email at [email protected] for immediate consideration. Requirements - AA or higher in Accounting preferred
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to enter data into various electronic systems while maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the data
- Accounts payable experience (preferred)
- Strong knowledge of Excel and SAP is preferred
- Entry-level considered (must have strong technical skills)
- Ability to multitask and communicate effectively with individuals of all backgrounds
Interested Accounting Clerks should contact Amanda Kregiel, Financial Recruiter, at 757-624-1100 or via email at [email protected] for immediate consideration. Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills – helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don’t take our word for it. Our company once again was named first in our industry on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World’s Most Admired Companies” (March 1, 2017), and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.670.5403 or visit www.accountemps.com to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.