Ranked 76th on ENR’s 2017 listing of the Top 500 Design Firms, RK&K is a design and construction management firm specializing in transportation, environmental and energy projects. Our success is based on our ability to deliver what our clients want using sound, technical solutions, to achieve the best possible outcome on a project. Expressed in our ability to treat every one of our 1,200 employees as a professional, RK&K has received numerous recognitions for its exceptional and unique workplace culture.
We are looking for a talented Bridge Engineer responsible for the design of bridge projects and preparation of contract documents, technical application of various AASHTO codes and VDOT manuals, calculation and drawing QC review, interaction with CADD operators, and condition inspection of structures. This position involves project research, drawing development, data entry, engineering computations, analysis, quantity take-offs and submittals to agencies.
In this role you will enjoy working in a collaborative, multi-discipline environment to develop innovative, cost effective designs. This position also will involve growing RK&K’s bridge practice in Hampton Roads, therefore, the successful candidate will participate in developing marketing plans and pursuits related to structural engineering opportunities.
- Coordinate and lead structural design development and assist in providing structural direction to projects.
- Provides senior level structural expertise on all project aspects associated with conceptual engineering, detailed engineering designs, and preparation of contract documents for construction followed by construction administration with respect to the structural aspects of the project.
- Completeness and accuracy of design work.
- Requires frequent judgment and initiative with the Structural Engineering field.
- Develop and/or modify standard details.
- Assess efficiency of contract document preparation and offer suggestions for improvement and implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering required.
- PE required and Master’s degree in Structural Engineering preferred.
- VDOT structures/bridge experience preferred.
- 5 to 15 or more years of bridge design experience required.
- Excellent communication skills including report writing.
This position has excellent potential for career advancement. RK&K is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We proudly offer a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurances as well as a 401k plan with company matching.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals are encouraged to apply.
About this company
RK&K is a nearly 1,200-person, multi-discipline consulting firm, providing planning, design and CM/CI/CEI services in the mid-Atlantic, SW and Texas. Founded in 1923, RK&K has satisfied their clients by offering innovative and efficient solutions from 22 offices in eight states and Washington, DC. RK&K’s technical expertise places us 69th on ENR’s 2016 listing of the Top 500 Design Firms. Our award-winning and diversified staff is experienced in an array of disciplines, including transportation; natural & man-made environmental; CM/CI/CEI; site planning & design; energy & utilities; geospatial solutions.
RK&K is a limited liability partnership, managed by four equal partners; working closely with them are Senior Directors and Directors - key leaders who manage and coordinate projects and staff, serve as liaisons with clients and subconsultants and enhance projects with their technical expertise.
RK&K is one of the most respected engineering firms in the region, receiving numerous awards and recognition from clients and professional organizations for work performed on many diverse projects. Our biggest differentiator is our people. The RK&K Team is known for its technical know-how, over-the-top personal service and - most importantly - successfully achieving our clients' goals.
Since our founding in 1923, the RK&K team has served public and private sector clients by providing multi-discipline planning, engineering, environmental and construction phase services. We offer innovative and efficient solutions on a variety of projects nationwide from our 22 offices in eight states and Washington, DC. Our award-winning and diversified staff is experienced in an array of design and construction disciplines, including planning; engineering design; and construction management, inspection and engineering for transportation, environmental, infrastructure, utility, site and surveying and energy/pipeline projects. Every one of our nearly 1,200 team members understands what it takes to deliver success to our clients:
Responsive People | Creative Solutions
Rummel Klepper & Kahl (RK&K)
81 Mosher Street,
Baltimore, MD 21217